REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
PROFESSIONAL ON-CALL SERVICES
FOR VARIOUS PLANNING DEPARTMENT PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS
HEBER CITY CORPORATION
February 2, 2022
The Heber City Planning Department is seeking written statement of qualifications from consultants to perform a variety of services to support the department for several general assistance program areas.
Assistance with Department services as follows:
- Annexation Application Processing
- Annexation Policy Plan Analysis Review
- Architectural Review
- Business Improvement District Financing Analysis
- Conditional Use Permit Review
- Entitlement, Subdivision and Development Review
- Feasibility Study
- Fiscal Impact Study
- General Plan Revisions
- GIS Services
- Market Study
- Municipal Code and Zoning Map Revisions
- Other Planning Related Consulting Services (Specify as necessary)
- Permit Review
- Project Management
- Site Plan Review
- Tax Increment Financing Study
Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) may be provided for all or a portion of the requested services listed. Consultants must indicate with SOQ which services are included for consideration. Partnerships with specialized service firms are acceptable, as are SOQ’s directly from specialized firms. Staffing proposed should include as wide a range of levels as the firm has expertise.
All Consultants whether under existing or former on-call or professional services contracts from previous RFQ’s must respond to this RFQ for consideration of ongoing on-call/professional services contracts.
Heber City desires to qualify a number of consultants to assist the City with the above general assistance program areas. The City maintains a small, Department staff, and requires the assistance of consultants to develop and deliver various programs and projects associated with development projects. The City is looking for consultants that:
- Understand the City facilities, processes, and operations
- Respond quickly to City and developer needs
- Efficiently develop and deliver programs and projects
- Provide valuable services at a competitive cost to the City consistent with the funding available
- Have a depth of staff available with advance notice
The projects and programs are funded by a combination of permit fees and developer reimbursement.
The tentative selection process schedule is as follows:
City Issues RFQ February 2, 2022
Qualification Submittals due to City March 2, 2022
Minimum Qualifications Review March 3 – March 10, 2022
Potential Interviews March 7 – March 22, 2022
Draft Contracts sent to Selected Firms March 14 – 31, 2022
City Council Approval April 5 -19, 2022
CONTENTS OF STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS (SOQ) SUBMITTAL
- Cover Letter (No more than one page): Indicate the availability of key staff and the level of commitment the consultant is willing to make to City programs and projects (signed by project team member authorized to make commitments on behalf of proposer).
- Statement of Understanding and Services Proposed: Identify which services you are submitting qualifications for by filling out Attachment A; and for each service describe proposer’s understanding of the project/program and the needs of Heber City.
- Proposed Team (maximum of 5 pages): For individual areas of expertise, identify proposed key staff available for specific areas. For larger, multiple discipline projects, identify proposed key staff, describe how the proposed team would work together and work closely with City staff. Include organization chart.
Provide overview of each key staff member and current office location for each key staff member. Include background of the firm/team, number of professionals (by discipline) and support staff, major focus of practice, range of services and references. (Resumes for team members are to be located in Appendix).
- Sub-consultants (No more than one page per Sub): Provide qualifications of each sub-consultant (City may choose to directly retain consultant services instead of as a sub-consultant, or select a different consultant to serve the same functions as the sub-consultant). Include the project name, location, scope of services, approximate dollar value of past projects and consultant’s services, key proposed project staff involved and their involvement, and project references. Focus on describing similar projects lead by proposed key staff. Provide resumes of key staff in the Appendix.
- Local Firms: An estimate of the percentage of work to be performed locally. Local firm means a firm or individual who regularly maintains a place of business and transacts business in, or maintains an inventory of merchandise for sale in, or is licensed by, or pays business taxes in Wasatch County. Indicate other offices/locations that might provide services.
- Approach (No more than one page for each of the service tasks in Attachment A): Describe how the Firm/Team will approach each service to minimize overall City program costs while completing the tasks in a timely manner and providing a service or end product that meets the City’s needs.
- Scope of Work (No more than 1 page): Provide a detailed scope of services available (see Attachment A for an outline of the scope of services) for each service task you are proposing. Indicate which key team members will work on each task including the task leader, who will be responsible for day to day implementation of each task and who will be responsible for quality control and oversight of the task (one team member may have multiple roles on a task).
- Hourly Rates for Services: Provide a table showing hourly rates for each area of service in the proposed scope of work including support staff.
- Resumes: Resumes of proposed staff are to be located in an appendix (there are no page limits to this resume appendix; however resumes for individual team members shall be a maximum of two pages).
- References: A list of references including names, positions and telephone numbers for the individuals identified in the qualifications.
- Acknowledgement: A signed statement of acknowledgement with the following:
By signing this state of acknowledge, I understand and agree to abide by all terms and conditions set forth within the RFQ. I request that of Heber City accept my proposal subject to the identified terms and conditions therein.
- Contract Comments: Comments, if any, objecting to any clause(s) in the Contract for Services shall be included in the consultant’s SOQ.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING SOQ
Submittals must be submitted electronically in PDF format through email, or USB thumb drive. Submittals must be delivered to the following address not later than 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 2, 2022 for consideration:
Attention: Anthony Kohler, Planning Director
75 N. Main Street
Heber City, UT 84032
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
To be selected for the on-call list, 80% of the total points must be obtained. Qualification submittals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
Qualifications and relevant experience of firm 20 Points
Experience with Public Agencies 20 Points Understanding of City facilities, processes and operations 15 Points Demonstrated ability to respond quickly 10 Points
Approach to projects / tasks 10 Points
Cost effectiveness 15 Points
Other Factors 10 Points
Total Points Possible: 100 Points
Responsiveness of Submittals. All submittals must be in writing and fully responsive to this RFQ. Non-responsive submittals or submittals found to be irregular or not in conformance with the requirements and instructions contained herein may be rejected. Other conditions which may lead to the selection committee’s decision not to evaluate a submittal include obvious lack of experience, expertise or adequate resources to perform the required work, and/or failure to perform or meet financial obligations on previous contracts. The City reserves the right to reject any and all submittals for any reason whatsoever.
Waivers. The City may waive informalities or irregularities in submittals received where such is merely a matter of form and not substance, and the correction or waiver of which is not prejudicial to other submittals.
Interviews. The City may schedule interviews with some proposers to assist in selecting the best consultant or consultants for general assistance program areas listed above. Proposers will be notified by telephone or mail if they have been selected to participate in the interview process. Note: the City may select qualified consultants for the on-call services list without conducting interviews – at the discretion of the City.
Negotiation. Following selection of the most qualified consultants for each service area, negotiations with the most qualified consultants will proceed as individual work needs arise.
Term. The agreements for each program shall be a 3 year term with an option for the City to extend one year. The City reserves the right to terminate the agreements at any time for any reason.
Please address any questions to Anthony L. Kohler at firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading of “Planning Department Services RFQ”.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation.
- Attachment A. Professional on-call Planning Department Service Tasks
- Attachment B. Heber City Contract for Services
~ Heber City ~