NEW POSITION! NEW OPPORTUNITY!
PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAM COMPLIANCE ADMINISTRATOR
We are excited to announce the creation of a NEW Public Works Program Compliance Administrator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- FOGS Program: Oversee the researching, drafting, updating and enforcement of municipal codes; develop forms and establish processes to address various issues; and oversee annual FOGS Program budget and track spending.
- Cross Connection Control Program: Manage the implementation and administration of Heber City’s backflow prevention and cross connection control program. Review construction plans and plumbing specifications for new construction and remodeling; ensure cross connection regulations are followed; make recommendations for compliance with backflow standards. Create an annual budget and track Cross Connection Control Program expenditures.
- MS4 Program: Manage MS4 program, including coordinating with other City Divisions, governmental agencies, local industries, and community members.
- Safety Program: Develop, implement, and monitor safety training programs within the Public Works Department; oversee the annual budget process and track Safety Program spending.
- Minimum Education and Experience: Qualifications include high school diploma or equivalent AND eight (8) years of experience performing the above-noted or closely related duties, two (2) years of which must include daily onsite supervisory duties OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong communication, writing, problem solving, and people skills required. This individual must be able to work independently and possess formidable computer skills. Considerable knowledge of, and experience with, the operation of basic manual and power tools essential.
- Certifications: Successful candidate will be required to achieve and maintain various FOG, Cross Connection, MS4 and safety program certifications. This individual must also possess a current Class III Water Operator Certification, Class II Wastewater Collections, and a valid commercial driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds. Must be willing to work on-call, after hours duty and 24 hour standby.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Pay Grade 19 - $27.37 to $39.01
Interested candidates may obtain an application on the City’s website at www.heberut.gov. Applications may also be obtained by contacting Melanie at email@example.com or by calling 435-657-7902. Please submit your application, resume and cover letter to the listed e-mail address or via mail or hand delivery to the Human Resources office at 75 N. Main St., Heber City. Said documents will be accepted until close of business on Monday, June 28, 2021.