Tree Advisory Board
Heber City was recognized as a Tree City USA for 2020 (PDF). To receive the award, Heber City needed to do 4 things:
- Establish a Tree Board
- Adopt a tree ordinance
- Expend at least $2 per capita on a community forestry program
- Observe Arbor Day (PDF)
news & Announcements
- HEBER CITY ARBOR DAY CELEBRATION
- FRIDAY, APRIL 29TH AT 2:00 PM
- WASATCH HIGH SCHOOL
WE ARE EXCITED TO BE CELEBRATING ARBOR DAY WITH THE STUDENTS INVOLVED IN THE IDEAL FARMS OUTDOOR CLASSROOM AS WELL AS THE CAPS PROGRAM. THE CAPS PROGRAM IS THE CENTER FOR ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, AND IS BASED OUT OF THE UVU WASATCH CAMPUS.
THE STUDENTS ARE UNDER TEACHER MATTHEW ZIERENBERG AND HAVE PLANTED AN URBAN FOREST, WHERE YOU CAN PERSONALLY PURCHASE TREES FOR YOUR YARD. THEY ARE NOW PLANTING AN ORCHARD. HAVING THE STUDENTS INVOLVED IN ARBOR DAY IS THE LAST STEP IN QUALIFYING FOR THE TREE CITY USA PROGRAM FOR SCHOOLS K-12. THESE STUDENTS HAVE WORKED VERY HARD AND PUBLIC SUPPORT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IDEAL FARMS PLEASE VISIT https://ideal-farms.org/about/
WE WILL BE JOINING THE STUDENTS AT THE ORCHARD WHICH IS LOCATED DIRECTLY SOUTH OF THE STADIUM. PLEASE PARK SOUTH OF THE WEST CAMPUS ADJACENT TO THE BASEBALL FIELD.
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED AND THERE WILL BE FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY. COME MEET YOUR MAYOR AND THE MEMBERS OF THE HEBER CITY TREE ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND SUPPORT THIS GREAT PROGRAM AND THE STUDENTS!
Tree City USA 2021
- Heber City is honored to have been announced by the Arbor Day Foundation as a Tree City USA for 2021, marking 6 years we’ve received this recognition! Communities recognized as a Tree City USA are committed to maintaining and growing our tree cover allowing for cleaner air, noise and pollution reduction, cooler temperatures, and an increase in beautiful green space. Watch for additional details in the April 2022 Heber City newsletter for Arbor Day Celebration details!
- USDA ends battle against emerald ash borer, lifts quarantines
The Open Space, Trails, Parks and Trees Advisory Committee serves as the Tree Board. This committee established a Tree Advisory Subcommittee to assist with the duties of the Tree Board in administering the city's tree ordinance. There are currently six volunteers who serve on the Tree Advisory Subcommittee.