Anyone engaging in business in Heber City, including the sale or offering of any goods merchandise, or performing any service for monetary exchange or valuable consideration must be licensed.
Heber City Corporation requires all businesses within city limits to be licensed.
State licensed contractors only need to be licensed in the City where they have an office - this includes home-based offices. Insurance Companies, nonprofit organizations, and state-owned businesses are exempt from paying fees, but are required to hold a license. Insurance Companies who offer annuities are not exempt.
Where do I get a Business License?
Download an application and instructions or obtain an application at the Heber City Offices in the Planning Department. The address is 75 North Main Street. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information call (435) 657-7899.
General Business License
The following is required of all new applicants.
If conducting business under an assumed name (D.B.A. "doing business as"), register the business name with the Utah Department of Commerce.
- Business name, physical address, mailing address, and phone number of business.
- Home address, phone number, and birth date of owner, manager. Local address and phone number of Agent for process of service.
- Federal Tax ID or Social Security number
- Driver's License number
- Type of business, total square footage of business space.
- Sales Tax number, occupational or professional license number if applicable.
- License Fee based on business type (yearly)
- Any business that involves entering a persons home must provide an original criminal background check from the Utah Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification.